Trim Home Heating Oil is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any external websites. Any external links to other websites within this website are clearly identifiable as such.
What information is collected?
We want to give our customers the best possible experience. To do so, we need to collect personal data from you for certain processes such as providing a service and when you enquire about our service.
Trim Home Heating Oil collects the following type of information from all users.
- Personal Information – this information is defined as data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address and telephone number, communication preferences and user IP addressed in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or made anonymous. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it.
- Non-Personal Information – Trim Home Heating Oil will gather statistical and other analytical information on an aggregate basis. This Non-Personal Data cannot be used to identify or contact you. It concludes data such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymous, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of this website.
Data we will collect may include:
- If you are buying products or services we will collect your credit or debit card information and in the case of bank transfer/direct debit payments we will require your bank account number and sort code.
- When you visit our websites we collect device information such as the IP address of your device.
- The marketing preferences that you provide when you sign up for our products or services.
- CCTV data when you visit our office.
How we use your personal data.
Trim Home Heating Oil will use the Non-Personal Data collected on this site to gain a better understanding of where site visitors come from and to help improve the layout and content of the website.
Trim Home Heating Oil will use your personal data for the following purposes only:
- To process and delivery any goods or services you have ordered.
- To contact you in connection with any goods or services you have ordered.
- To respond to any enquiry or application form you submit.
- To send you emails and/or text messages if you have opted into these services.
- To contact you in connection with any competitions you have entered.
Your rights in relation to your data:
Please read carefully the following rights as above.
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’ – download Access Request Form here)
- The right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’)
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object)
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’)
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the ‘right to erasure’) and
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’)
You may contact us directly to inform us of any changes in your personal data. We will update or delete your data in accordance with our obligations under General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to find out what personal data we hold on you or to have any data amended or deleted from our database, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address and outline the information you would like to view or delete.
Will this data by shared with any Third Parties?
Trim Home Heating Oil may provide non-personal data to third parties but only if the information is in aggregate form and is combined with similar information of other users to our website. For example, we might disclose the number of unique users to our site to a third party or users activities on the website, e.g. number of users to complete an online purchase.
These third parties may include website tracking services, commercial partners, researchers and other similar parties.
Trim Home Heating Oil will not disclose your personal data to any third parties unless you have consented to this or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (please note that if this case arises the third party will be bound by the General Data Protection Regulations Policy). Trim Home Heating Oil will only disclose your personal data if they believe it to be in good faith or if they are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law summons, search warrant, court or regulatory order or other statutory requirement.
Is my personal data secure?
Your personal data is held on a secure server hosted by Trim Home Heating Oil’s web hosting provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data.
Last updated on June 26th, 2018.